We offer cross country ski lessons and tours of the local trails. No matter if you are new to the sport or an experienced skier looking for a few pointers, our experienced staff offers expert cross country instruction. We remember our first strides on cross country skis and look forward to sharing the experience of nordic skiing with you. Call or stop by the Center for more information on lessons or tours.
- Learn the fundamentals of classic x-country skiing.
- Daily at 11 a.m. (45 minutes)
- Learn the basics of skate skiing.
- Daily at 12:15pm (45 minutes)
- By appointment only
- 1 hr: $75.00
- 1/2 hr: $55.00
- Each additional person: $40 (1 hr), $25 (1/2 hr)
- Lesson prices do not include cost of rentals. Rentals during lessons 20% off.
Cross Country Ski Tours
The Aspen Cross Country Center can tailor a tour to your ability, interests and time frame. Whether it’s the beautiful rolling hills and aspen groves of the Owl Creek Trail, a mellow tour at he North Star Nature Preserve or the beautiful backdrop of the elk Mountains and a wonderful lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse, we can suggest or guide you on a trip that’s right for you. All tours include rentals, guide/instructor and snack. Transportation costs (if necessary) and trail fee (Ashcroft only) are not included. Lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse (Ashcroft) or Sage Restaurant (Snowmass Village) can be arranged, but is not included in price. All tours should meet at Aspen Cross Country Center for correct sizing of equipment.
- $75/hour for first person
- $45/hour for each additional person.
- Maximum 6 people per guide/instructor.
- By Appointment / Reservation required
- Owl Creek Trail – between Aspen & Snowmass (Intermediate)
- Ashcroft & Pine Creek Cookhouse (All Levels)
- North Star Nature Preserve (All Levels)
- Moore Open space to High School Tracks Loop (Intermediate)